China Water Risk Turns One
by China Water Risk 23 October, 2012
27 October 2012 – China Water Risk turns one year old. Thank you for supporting us, reading us and sharing our website, Tweets, Facebook and Pintrest. We would also like to thank our network partners and those who contributed opinions and analyses to the content of China Water Risk … and, of course, our core funder ADM Capital Foundation, our team, our interns and volunteers. We would not be where we are without all of you!
Aside from what you see online, we have also been raising awareness on water issues with our target audience, the investment and business communities. Here’s how:
At Launch: dedicated HSBC China Water Risk Forum on water issues for corporates and institutional investors hosted by HSBC’s Head of Global Banking for Asia Pacific the day our site went live.
- Investor conferences – presented, moderated & participated in panels – BNP Paribas China Conference, CLSA Investor Forum, HSBC Global Natural Resources Conference, Standard Chartered Earth Resources Conference
- Dedicated presentations and one-on-ones with institutional investors & private equity funds
- Commissioned research by financial institutions – HSBC recently published “No Water, No Power: Does China have enough water to fuel power expansion?” based on anaylses and research performed by China Water Risk.
- Global & local business conferences – presented at Apparel & Footwear Brands Collaboration Forum, HK Quality Assurance Association, Textiles Exchange, The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and numerous chambers of commerce
- Established a presence in sustainability at the CSR Asia Summit and the Fortune Global Forum Sustainable Development Roundtable
- Co-hosted events at the Foreign Commonwealth Office with ASrIA and 2oC + Water with the Business Environmental Council & Climate Change Business Forum of Hong Kong.
- Water risk mitigation strategies: working with industry groups and corporates to understand the impact of water on their business, develop risk mitigation strategies and general corporate water philosophy.
Watch this space!