China issued Water Pollution Prevention Plan on Key Basins (2011-2015)
by China Water Risk 17 May, 2012
May 17- Department of Environmental Protection, National Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Water Resources jointly issued Water Pollution Prevention Plan on key basins (2011-2015) that aims at improving overall water quality in key river basins from moderately polluted to slightly polluted, increasing the Grade I – III section by 5% while reducing those that fall into the worse than Grade Ⅴ by 8%.
Moreover, the plan emphasizes 6 major tasks:
- to strengthen the protection of drinking water,
- to improve industrial pollution controls,
- to enhance the urban sewage treatment systems,
- to actively promote comprehensive environmental and ecological construction,
- to enforce the coastal waters pollution prevention and control, and
- to enhance the watershed level of risk prevention.
Read more here (Chinese only).