CERES – Aqua Gauge
Launched in 2011, the Aqua Gauge is the outcome of a collaboration between Ceres, WBCSD, Irbaris and the IRRC Institute. It provides a framework and methodology for companies to engage with institutional investors on water risk and opportunity management. It is also a resource to inform companies of their shareholders disclosure needs.
Backed by investors managing over $2 trillion in assets, the framework was the result of a wide consultation involving representatives from over 50 financial institutions, companies, conservation groups, and other organizations active on water-related issues.
What is it?
Aqua Gauge is an Excel-based tool and associated methodology that provides companies with a picture of leading practice in water management, and a means to assess their own performance and progress. Leading practices are defined and grouped around four broad types of activity:
- Governance and management
- Stakeholder engagement
Who is it for?
- Corporations in water-intensive sectors seeking to engage the investment community and to develop more robust water management strategies.
- Portfolio managers and analysts seeking to better understand and mitigate potential exposure to water-related risks in their equity portfolios.
- Corporate governance specialists at pension funds and asset management firms interested in engaging portfolio companies on how they are managing water-related risks and opportunities.
- Investment advisors that provide services to asset owners seeking to integrate consideration of water and other sustainability risks and opportunities into their investment strategies.
- Financial & ESG data providers interested in providing their clients with more robust analytics related to corporate management of water risks and opportunities.
For more information on this see here.
Read more from Mark Harper →