- This event has passed.
HK Ballet x M+ Live Art: Beyond Carbon – Online Festival
August 20 - September 4
HK Ballet ✕ M+ Live Art: Beyond Carbon | Invisible Echo by Feng Jingyi | Dancer: Jessica Burrows | Photography: Keith Hiro | Courtesy of Hong Kong Ballet
CWR is pleased to partner with the HK Ballet and M+ Live Art on Beyond Carbon, an online festival to explore the most urgent issue of our time – climate change – through culture & arts.
Beyond Carbon is an online festival presented by M+ and Hong Kong Ballet that seeks to raise awareness of the most urgent issue of our times—global climate change—through cultural and artistic means. Taking as its starting point the scientific consensus that human activity is the major cause of climate change, the programme is a call to mindful collective action to save our planet for future generations. Set against the monumental architecture of the Herzog and de Meuron–designed M+ building, the eight short, choreographed chapters address environmental emergencies from two perspectives: Mortal Ignorance, tension between nature and humankind, and Human Traces, the material traces on earth left by human activity. Viewers will be taken on a journey of exploration, reflection, and empowerment.
– Once Upon a Lucid Dream – Choreography: Jonathan Spigner
– Osmosis – Choreography: Leung Chunlong
– Retribution – Choreography: Luis Cabrera
– The Enduring – Cycle Choreography: Li Lin
– Siren – Choreography: Jessica Burrows
– Invisible Echo – Choreography: Feng Jingyi
– Landslide – Choreography: Sarita Chan
– Carbon Footprint – Choreography: Lin Chang-yuan, Kyle