- This event has passed.
WWF hosts Regional Forum on Building Resilient Asian Deltas
October 16 @ 8:00 am - October 18 @ 5:00 pm
CWR WILL SPEAK ON A PANEL
WWF will be organizing a regional conference on improving the resilience of Asian deltas in Bangkok, focusing on 7 of the large Asian deltas (i.e. Mekong, Chao Phraya, Pearl, Irrawaddy, Indus, Ganges, Yangzte). The purpose of this gathering is to
- build a common understanding on the major threats to delta stability due to unsustainable economic activities caused disruption of flows in the delta system.
- present the rationale of improving delta resilience for meeting national SDGs, climate and other socioeconomic development commitments.
- examine the importance of a well designed rights-based approach and gender consideration in delta resilience building.
- build awareness and identify a set of common policy, technical and financial challenges to all deltas and best practice responses.
- identify country readiness to collaborate on WWF’s Resilient Asian Deltas’ (RAD) Initiative and forge partnerships.
Please contact WWF-Greater Mekong directly if you wish to join.
CWR’s Dharisha Mirando will be speaking on a panel about water & climate risks in different river deltas.