- This event has passed.
ReSource Awards 2018
22 March, 2018
The ReSource Award acknowledges social entrepreneurial initiatives aimed at prototyping or scaling up new approaches for resolving existing social and/or ecological issues related to sustainable water management practices. Examples include access to, use and supply of water, sanitation and hygiene in low, lower-middle and upper–middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank.
The prize combines financial and non-financial contributions (coaching/expert advice). Half of the total contribution equivalent to USD150,000 will be allocated to three finalists (USD20,000 + coaching each) from whom the winner will be selected. The award winning organization will be supported (USD75,000 + coaching) during the following three years in further developing, prototyping or scaling up its social entrepreneurial initiative.
Participants are requested to answer the online questionnaire on their social entrepreneurial initiative by 22 March 2017, 24.00 CET. All short proposals received by this due date will be assessed in March and April 2017 by a team of water and business experts based on previously defined criteria (see below).
For more information on the Award, application process and deadlines click here.
ReSource Award criteria:
The short and full proposals submitted will be assessed with regard to the following areas:
- Social and ecological challenge: The proposal demonstrates a profound and authentic understanding of the social and ecological problem to be addressed.
- Impact: The expected social, ecological and economic impact is clearly defined and in line with the scope of the ReSource Award.
- Approach: The proposal outlines a compelling social entrepreneurial approach to address the defined challenge. The defined goal and expected impact can realistically be achieved with the approach presented.
- Financials: There is a financially viable business plan in place based on clear and logical assumptions.
- Competencies: A qualified team with appropriate skills and track record is in place.
- Risk management: All relevant risk drivers and related prevention and risk mitigation measures are defined.