- This event has passed.
NBIM Water Seminar
4 July, 2012
Water-Intensive Companies in Asia and Australia: Benefits of Managing and Reporting on Water-Related Risks and Opportunities
Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) seeks to safeguard its investments in more than 8,000 companies worldwide by promoting good corporate governance and high social and environmental standards. Increasingly scarce water supplies represent growing risks for companies with water-intensive processes and supply chains in Asia and Australia. How these companies manage water-related risks and business opportunities is of increasing interest to long-term investors. Failure to manage these risks and opportunities may adversely affect a company’s financial results and, consequently, the interests of long-term investors.
Participants in this half-day NBIM Water Seminar can expect a balanced and insightful discussion on the need formanaging, measuring and reporting on water-related risks and opportunities, both from a company and an investor perspective.
Host: Anne Kvam, Global Head Ownership Policy, NBIM
Seminar moderator: Marcus Norton, Head of Investor CDP and CDP Water Disclosure
Keynote: Upmanu Lall, Director, Columbia Water Center
Investor perspectives on water-related risks and opportunities:
- Loïc Dujardin, Senior Analyst, NBIM, Norway
- Piet Klop, Senior Advisor Responsible Investment, PGGM, The Netherlands
- Yong Chye Lee, Portfolio Manager, GIC, Singapore
- Yoo-Kyung Park, Senior Investment Advisor Sustainability & Governance, APG, Hong Kong1
- Xavier Desmadryl, Global Head of ESG Research, HSBC Global AM, Hong Kong
Company perspectives on water management and reporting
- Owen Hegarty, Vice Chairman, G-Resources, Hong Kong
- Edwin Mongan, Vice President Environment and Climate Change, BHP Billiton, Australia
- Hemant Bakshi, Executive Director, Home & Personal Care, Hindustan Unilever, India
- Peter Sjovall, Chief Financial Officer, Asian Bamboo, Hong Kong
|Venue: Cassia Junior Ballroom 3211/3212, Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre, Singapore
Time: 09:00AM – 14:00PM
For full agenda and biographies of speakers and panelists please click here