- This event has passed.
IWA Conferences on Small Water, Wastewater Systems & Resources-Oriented Sanitation
14 September, 2016 - 16 September, 2016
This event is a continuation of the previous successful Conferences of the 10th SWWS and 3rd ROS (Venice, Italy), the 11th SWWS (Harbin, China) and the 12th SWWS and 4th ROS (Muscat, Oman). The Conference will bring together researchers, engineers, water practitioners from academia, industry, water utilities, public authorities and administration to exchange know how and experiences. Within the Conference knowledge and expertise will be disseminated on innovative systems, technologies and processes which are/can be applied at small and decentralized regions for the management of water and wastewater. The whole water supply chain is considered from water abstraction to treated wastewater disposal and reuse. Furthermore, resource oriented sanitation as a route to sustainable and ecologically sound sanitation will be discussed focusing on developing countries is considered.
- Small scale and decentralised water treatment and management systems
- Small scale and decentralised wastewater treatment and management systems
- Water reuse, recycle and conservation at household and decentralised level
- Environmental policy and legislation
- Nutrient recovery/removal
- Decentralised wastewater collection systems
- Environmental microbiology and population dynamics
- On site systems
- Case studies of small water and wastewater treatment plants
- Anaerobic and aerobic treatment processes
- Resources-oriented sanitation systems
- Ancient water and wastewater management systems
- Environmental and cost sustainability tools
- Fate and removal of micro-pollutants
- Monitoring of water bodies
- Historic evolution of small scale and decentralised water and wastewater treatment systems
Click here for the full programme and further information.